Friday, April 26, 2013

Big and Little

Oh hello there Friday, I didn't expect to be seeing you so soon. It's been a strange week with all of Australia and New Zealand having a public holiday yesterday for ANZAC Day which is a day for us to remember those who lost their lives serving our countries in a battle at Gallipoli during World War I and in other conflicts generally. So Wednesday managed to trick me into thinking it was Friday and today felt like Monday. That is until I knocked off work this afternoon and I said hello to the real weekend!

Big and little things worth noting this week:

  • A movie date with Ben on Wednesday night where he managed to convince me to see Oblivion. It was okay but probably not something I would normally choose. The things we do for love! I got him back by taking that selfie up there which he is quite clearly stoked about.
  • Sinking a few ciders at the pub on ANZAC Day while observing a very rowdy game of Two Up. Being the geriatrics that we are, we bailed after a few hours  and decided to grab a few drinks for the road. I was evidently quite taken with my bottle in the paper bag (as pictured above).
  • A farewell lunch at a great Korean restaurant for two of my colleagues who are sadly leaving the team. Despite the nature of the occasion it was really nice to get out of the office and share some laughs with my work mates while enjoying a huge mushroom Bibimbap!
  • Booking tickets for a night time tour of Alcatraz while we are in San Fran in just a couple of weeks.
  • Convincing Ben to drink a glass of green vegetable juice! Victory is mine.
  • A lunch meeting at Ivy in the city. Lunch meetings are always my favourite kind of meeting.
  • My sister twisting my arm into finally cutting my hair next week. More on that soon!
Hope you all had a super week and are in for an exciting weekend ahead. xo

2 comments:

  1. Love what you're wearing! Is it a dress or top? Hehe you can get Ben back by choosing a super girlie movie next time :) P.S wish I could get my man to drink green juice!

    X
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a top from Topshop a few years back :) Haha...trust me, I couldn't believe it when I asked Ben if he wanted some of the juice and he actually said yes and then proceeded to drink it all! Simply amazing.

      Delete

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.