Friday, April 19, 2013

Big and Little

What is it about getting older and time going by so much faster?

I feel like a broken record every time I say this about whatever month it may be, but seriously, how is it nearly the end of April already?

It's also Friday again and somehow it feels like the week happened in the blink of an eye. I want to start taking the time to reflect at every week's end, starting now. It's easy to arrive at a weekend feeling like nothing really happened that week, but I like to remember the little things as well and I think writing them here will help me. This is somewhat inspired by Sophie's very cute blog of the very appropriate title, The Littlest Things.

Big and little things that happened this week:

  • I went another week without drinking coffee, which brings it to two whole weeks caffeine-free. I didn't really do this on purpose. I went a few days without coffee and then it kinda stuck! I might treat myself this weekend, though.
  • I cooked: epic nachos and spicy mushroom pasta. Ben cooked: spicy "chicken" soft tacos. We ordered: pizza and Indian.
  • The weather dipped below 20 degrees C which meant cosy knitted jumpers, collared shirts and stockings.
  • I was glued to Twitter for updates on the awful Boston bombings and subsequent shootings/man hunt which I've been following this afternoon and this evening. I also read an interesting article on The Tragedies of Other Places, which helps to put things into perspective. The events that happened this week in Boston but also in other parts of the world, such as Iraq where 55 people died, gave me a lot to think about.
  • I finished the first part of one of my big ongoing projects at work and crossed off a lot of my to-do items. I still have a long list to complete before I go on leave in two weeks!
  • I officially completed seven editions of the magazine we produce at work with the latest edition arriving from the printers.
  • I drove to Balmain for a lunch time meeting and was shouted Thai from Nood.
  • We celebrated a birthday in the office with a super rich mud cake.
  • I cried like a baby in an episode of Hart of Dixie. Help?
Tonight I'm kicking back in my trackies with a glass or two of red wine. Mum and Dad are arriving tomorrow and will stay the night (uh oh, better clean the apartment!) and I also have two of my oldest and dearest friends coming for dinner tomorrow night. I hope you all have a lovely weekend and remember to notice the little things. xo

P.S Apologies if you follow me on Instagram and have already seen these photos. My camera battery has been dead but I will try and take some new photos this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea of reflecting on both the big and little things that happen - it's so easy to bypass all the small things but really they are what constitute most of what happens!
    Looks like you had a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.