Sunday, July 14, 2013

Coffee Talk

I'll let you in on a little secret. I used to be a coffee hater. I couldn't stand the stuff. Ben has always been a coffee drinker and I remember him trying to get me to drink it. I'd have the tiniest sip before screwing up my face in disgust and declaring it poison!

I can't remember the exact turning point, but I think it was around the time I was doing my internship in NYC. Late nights and long days culminated in me dropping an order into the daily coffee run. Hey, everyone else was doin' it! Fast forward a few years and I'm a one-a-day kinda gal. I'm far from being a connoisseur, in fact I'm drinking a cup right now and it kinda tastes like dirt. Still, I definitely look forward to my daily injection (and usually it doesn't taste like dirt, so that's a bonus).

It's been a lazy old weekend for Benny and I. After a massive sleep in yesterday we headed to our local cafe for breakfast, then a little shopping at Myer. Ben was working nights all of last week so it was the first time we'd properly seen each other in a while, apart from a few grunts from me when he would come to bed at 2am and then a few in return when I would head off to work in the morning. I then spent my entire Saturday night watching Friends. I've just finished season four and by golly, it's good. Feel a little silly declaring Friends as good. A bit like announcing that chocolate tastes awesome! Just another example of me being late to the bandwagon.

Today has been much the same as yesterday. We took a quick trip to the shops for lunch and picked up some donuts to have for afternoon tea. Feeling a little bit naughty but it was worth it! Treat yo self is my new life motto.

Hope you all have a wonderful week! Our company has its major conference on Tuesday and Wednesday so it's going to be a busy one! We're staying in the city for two nights which will be fun. Always lots of shenanigans to be had with my work mates :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.