Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Funny People on Twitter


I am a huge Twitter fan. If it weren't for Twitter, I probably wouldn't have half a clue what's going on in the world. I use Twitter to stay up to date with news, follow along with current events (such as the US election and other important events such as reality TV show finales ;) ) and pretend I'm friends with famous people. You can follow me here, if you like.
I have Twitter running in Tweetdeck all day while I’m at work as I manage our company’s account. When I get home from work my boyfriend and I always debrief on the goings on of that day, whether it be the Kimye baby or something more serious. I feel a small sense of victory if I’ve managed to find out something before Ben thanks to Twitter (that boy is a wealth of random knowledge and he doesn’t event go on Twitter).

Anyway, I thought I would share with you some of my favourite people to follow on Twitter, especially those who are good for a laugh. I’ve also shared some of their Tweets which made me chuckle and earned a star in my Favourites list. I have a bit of a weird sense of humour so apologies if you don’t find these funny at all.

Rebel Wilson: Australian actress and comedian. Star of Pitch Perfect, among others.

“Here’s what I’ve done today: 1. Pancakes…. that’s it.”

Benjamin Law: Australian writer, author of The Family Law and Gaysia.

“Spotted: Asian gent in CBD with long, peroxide blonde hair, styled into Balinese braids. If I ever become this man, shoot me. OR WORSHIP ME.”

Brendan Maclean: Australian musician and Triple J radio presenter.

“One of my favourite walks is the ‘I’m trying on new shoes’ walk: An intriguing mix of constipation and stage fright.”

Mindy Kaling: US actress, comedian, television writer and producer. Author of Is Everyone Hanging Out With Me? (And Other Concerns).

“EVERYONE: WE NEED TO SPEED UP THE PACE WE SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY.”

“Whatever, now I'm gonna eat Ethiopian food with college pals CUZ THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WITH BACHELOR DEGREES DO.”

Marieke Hardy: Australian writer, author of You’ll Be Sorry When I’m Dead and Frankie magazine contributor.

“If you just saw a lady with a silver streak in her hair like Mr. Sheffield from the Nanny crying at the end of Wreck-It Ralph it wasn't me.”

Mel Buttle: Australian comedian.

“I’m having a hot stone massage. Finally someone’s found a way to combine my hatred of being touched with my love of sedimentary rocks.”

“’Melinda, get a job’. Don’t push me mother, or I’ll get a neck tattoo.”

Do you have any favourite Twitter accounts?

4 comments:

  1. I need to follow these people! Love twitter :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so Adam Liaw - masterchef season 2 winner and all round good guy (and also the object of my desire...?!) is my Twitter god... https://twitter.com/adamliaw

    And Modern Seinfeld gives me such a giggle ... https://twitter.com/SeinfeldToday

    New blog! yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I love Adam too! Another one of my favourites :) I've heard about that Modern Seinfield account but actually haven't started following yet. Must do!

      Delete

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.