Monday, September 9, 2013

Season of Change

They say that Spring is full of new beginnings and that has certainly been the case for me. Two weeks from today I'll be starting a new job as Communications Officer with the British Consulate here in Sydney.

I've done a lot of thinking about whether it's the right thing to do. Overall I've been really happy in my current job. It's given me so many amazing opportunities and I've learnt so much. Plus, I couldn't have asked for better people to work with. It's the people that have made my decision tougher - they're an awesome team and also great friends. I was so nervous about breaking the news to them, but everyone has been so supportive and excited for me. Plus, I have no doubt that we'll stay friends and have plenty of adventures in Sydney in the future.

I'm ready for a new challenge and to learn some new things. Ever since working for the Australian Consulate in NYC I've had an interest in that kind of work, so when I saw the role advertised I knew I should at least apply. I'm excited for this new phase of my life in Sydney. Everything's looking up, Millhouse.

Meanwhile, I spent a lovely weekend at home in the country with my family. I've managed to come down with a cold, but hopefully all the amazingly nutritious meals I've eaten over the last few days will put me on the mend quick smart! Seriously, my Mum is an amazing cook. Plus, I got breakfast in bed on Sunday! So spoilt. Hope your weekend was dandy. xo

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job, how exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's wonderful. I would love to work at a consulate one day. Also that breakfast in bec looks delightful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! If only you lived in Sydney. You could be my go-to journo when the Royal Family comes to town hehe.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the new job! It must have taken guts to decide to leave a job you're happy with, but its good to keep moving up the ladder.

    Love the blossom tree, our spring is a few weeks behind over here!

    X
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! Yeah, it hasn't been an easy decision but I think it will be a great opportunity. Hope you start seeing some blossoms soon! They're out in force here xx

      Delete

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.