Sunday, February 3, 2013

Farmers' Market Haul

I've been on the hunt for some good farmers' markets for a while now and today I think I may have found my new regular. I visited the Lane Cove Farmers' Markets which are held every Sunday from 9am - 1.30pm at Lane Cove Public School. While the Lane Cove markets didn't have a huge selection, the two fruit and veg stalls were well-stocked and cheap. I purchased all of the produce above for less than $20. They also had some other gourmet food stalls which looked pretty awesome. I'll have to go back with more pennies up my sleeve. I wanted to take some photos with my proper camera while I was there but felt a bit awkward so ended up just snapping some with my iphone and the last photo with the camera once I got home.

This week I'm planning to do a lot of juicing and will be sharing a few recipes here on the blog. Tonight I'm looking forward to baking some of these veggies for our "Sunday Roast" (in inverted commas cause the roast part is actually vegetarian schnitzels). I hope you've all had lovely weekends so far. I've finally jumped on board the Game of Thrones bandwagon and watched the first three episodes last night. I'm really enjoying it so far!

2 comments:

  1. Those apples look stunning. I forgot to get some this morning for my juicing this week, but lots of treats were around at Newcastle. Figs, blackberries and raspberries were all on hand for cheap. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I saw some figs today too and am regretting not buying them. I'm going to attempt spicy kale chips later on!

      Delete

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.