Saturday, November 3, 2012

Bits and Pieces

Just a few bits and pieces from around our place lately. I'm enjoying having some me time tonight as Ben has gone to Newcastle to see some friends. I've almost caught up on episodes of The Walking Dead. I just watched the final episode of Season Two. Holy mackerel that show has me on the edge of my seat every single episode. Can't wait to catch up on the new season so Ben and I can enjoy it together (he's all up to date)!
Lately I feel like life is flying by at a million miles per hour. It seems ever since I started working full time and my life has gotten busier this has been the case. I seriously can't believe it is November already! 

This past week I've been trying to make a conscious effort to slow things down a little. I'm usually the kind of person that wants to get everything done yesterday and I like having plans! I am all about planning - planning what I'm gonna eat, planning what I'm gonna wear, planning when I'll do the cleaning - yep you name it. I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of that trait (I'm sure it's genetic...my Mum is the same) but I'm trying to slow things down a little and really try and enjoy every moment. Even little things like taking in my surroundings while walking to the train every morning instead of keeping my head down as I rush to get there. 

This morning I woke up earlier than usual for a weekend as I was planning (ha - see there I go again) to go to the Farmer's Markets and stock up on some fresh produce. Unfortunately it was raining today so I decided to go to a shopping centre nearby instead. There's a great fruit and veg shop there so I gathered some bits and pieces for a nice big breakfast. Meanwhile,  Ben was sleeping soundly! Lucky boy. I came home and cooked up a nice vegetarian breakfast for us both. The rest of the day I spent doing a thorough Spring clean of our apartment. Keeping with my new aim of slowing things down, I made sure I did everything properly and didn't just rush through it in order to get it done. I know I'm getting older because having a spotless apartment makes me so happy! Enjoy your weekends friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.